Banner
Shinobi Legends Society
March 28, 2024, 07:43:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please read the rules of this forum before registering or posting.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

General Contest Discussion

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: General Contest Discussion  (Read 870 times)
KayentaMoenkopi
Legendary Member

Charisma: 4

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2011, 10:37:30 am »

In the interests of keeping this board tidy, this topic will be deleted after the contest is over, if no one objects to that. I just wanted someplace to record certain decisions I have made and the reasons why, as well as to provide a place for discussion/questions concerning the progress of the contest.

Already I have rearranged matched contestants due to scheduling conflicts...inactivity. I am going to do this once more to put The Sorrow and Kasigi Omi together in a match. I chose these two to face each other because they have been waiting the longest for their fights to begin.

Soon I may be forced to drop those from the contest who have as yet failed to make an appearance.

Additionally I have opened up registrations again in the interest of even HAVING contestants for those who are awaiting an opponent.

I wish for things to be fair but I also am working under a time constraint in order to get the Shukaku back out into game play.

We will see how this goes.

Several questions have been aasked of me:

1]Why not just keep the beast sealed forever? ---uhm, no. It is a power of the game that needs to be out there, not arbitrarily horded away by any individual.

2]Why not just tie Renji down and shove it in him against his wishes?---This would serve him right and be hilarious for about 5 minutes. Then morals would kick in and I would have to void such a silly RP.

3]Why not host the beast yourself? ---totally unacceptible. I do not like being forced to do anything. I zone who I choose to fight. Being forced to fight an obvious God modder is not my idea of fun. I am a very busy RPer on SL and my time is prescious. And I feel I am not strong enough to keep the beast. The idea, in my mind, is to find a champion for Suna who can withstand at least one challenge and walk away victorious.

4]Why not have the council of Suna vote on a host? ---if there was an obvious host for Shukaku that would champion Suna I would have sealed him in that person to begin with.

5]Why not just give him to me? ---The numerous names of such individuals are being withheld to protect the bold and arrogant among us who dared to make such a ridiculous request. I usually counter with, "why don't I just tear down the walls of Suna and stake us all to posts to make it easier for you to slaughter us all." Our enemies are strong enough as it is.

Here is a worse case scenario I may be forced to consider.

If I do not find a suitable host for the Shukaku before the council withdraws this grace period and forces me to take on challengers for the bijuu, I will have the beast sealed within myself so that I may tap into its powers and make the best showing for my village as possible. I will not be a very happy Moenkopi if this occurs.

So...

Please try to check in here at least once a day and post if you have something to reply.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Saki

Charisma: 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 05:56:05 am »

Just a random question but, who exactly is the Suna council comprised of?
Report Spam   Logged
KayentaMoenkopi
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 08:32:50 pm »

We are a council of 9 members: [posted in no particular order]

Kayenta Moenopi
CJofTheDesert
RaijinTheLightning
Satetsu
InuHanyou
Renji
Daichi
HoshuaHoo
Moonfire a.k.a Silver
Report Spam   Logged

Raifudo
Lead Character Moderator, Co-admin

Happiness is an illusion used to escape reality.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 09:58:31 pm »

Why am I not the 10/9? >>
Report Spam   Logged

KayentaMoenkopi
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 12:43:24 am »

The day you seal your soul to serve the glory of Suna, dear Raikage...I will make you 10/9 on the Suna Council.

Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Raifudo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 08:48:29 am »

Not worth it.
Report Spam   Logged

KayentaMoenkopi
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2011, 10:43:32 am »

In the interest of moving the contest along, in the hopes of actually obtaining a host before summer is over...I am going to clear out some of the inactive posters.

I appreciate everyone who has participated and do apologize for disqualifying you from further participation, but part of our criteria was being an Active RPer.

I do understand how life gets in the way of play time and hope that each of you have been busy with fun things rather than hardships.

You can always challenge the host, whoever they may be, once you get back to being an active member of SL.

Wink
Report Spam   Logged

zenaku

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2011, 11:22:22 am »

XD

Why am I not the 10/9? >>
Report Spam   Logged
Raifudo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2011, 09:21:09 pm »

Hi thar', Zenny. You here for the Itchy Bee sparring; lucky duckling, you.
Report Spam   Logged

KayentaMoenkopi
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2011, 01:19:04 am »

Pretty tired tonight. Promise I will get to work in the morning to make some posts when my head is clearer. Undecided
Report Spam   Logged

Chinote

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2011, 05:00:39 pm »

The day you seal your soul to serve the glory of Suna, dear Raikage...I will make you 10/9 on the Suna Council.

Grin
How does one do that? O:
Report Spam   Logged
KayentaMoenkopi
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2011, 05:21:48 pm »

Sorry Chinote, Twas a Raikage specific jutsu of my own devising and there are some techniques I just won't teach.  Cool
Report Spam   Logged

Chinote

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2011, 04:27:57 pm »

Sorry Chinote, Twas a Raikage specific jutsu of my own devising and there are some techniques I just won't teach.  Cool
I meant just join the Council in general. xD
I recall telling you the same thing, some 3 years ago. ;P
Report Spam   Logged
KayentaMoenkopi
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2011, 01:21:41 am »

Uhm, not exactly sure what it was you recall telling me about 3 years ago. something about the council or something about teaching a jutsu.

At any rate...

It is full up. and I was not Kazekage 3 years ago so really don't know why that would have come up in conversation anyway. Hrm...the mind is failing it seems. I think speaking to Raijin would be the thing to do as he is the current Kaze in charge.

Ha, I love getting out of that one! Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

KayentaMoenkopi
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2011, 01:32:13 am »

So,..now I have a major quandry.

Round 3:
Yukio has completed all his tests.

Round 2:
Chinote and Desare are in stasis due to Desare's inactivity.[14 days on SL as well]

Round 1:
And Arpax has no one to fight against for a round two scenario.

So I am pitting Chinote against Aprax and disqualifying Desare for inactivity.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: