Banner
Shinobi Legends Society
March 28, 2024, 01:55:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please read the rules of this forum before registering or posting.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

The Sorrow v/s Kasigi Omi: completed

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sorrow v/s Kasigi Omi: completed  (Read 1600 times)
KayentaMoenkopi
Legendary Member

Charisma: 4

View Profile
« on: June 11, 2011, 08:12:06 pm »

Sighs...  Lips Sealed

I know neither one of you will be the least bit thrilled at what I am about to post. I apologize to begin with as I know my words will sound quite a bit harsher than I intend them to be. Let me say up front, despite the numerous defects I have listed in each of your posts, you are both quite skilled in what you are doing.

Please take my comments as constructive criticism and use them to clean up your jutsu and description. Many of my objections could have been avoided had the verbage you employed created the clarity I am looking for in a bijuu host.

However, I am totally against anyone assuming they are invulnerable to each and everything that is thrown at them. I sensed quite a bit of tension going on between you as evidenced in the internal monologue of each of your successive posts. Do remember that the idea behind RP is to have fun.

So...don't make me have to hide after you read this.   Undecided

The Sorrow V/s Kasigi Omi

I'm not even gonna touch the one handed kata issue because the school of thought is divided. Some say it is tied to Haku's KG which neither one of you possess, others say it is just a matter of training and anyone can develope this and since Haku was a genius he readily developed it.

Sorrow: reply 1:
~Quarterstaff to base of Omi's neck
I feel that placing yourself so close to your opponet that you can hear him breathing denies him the ability to detect you and move away. And in an opening post you have virtually character controlled his placement in the field of battle, frozen his movemnts, and come in for the strike.

Omi: reply 2:
~Steel Skin Armor protects against quarterstaff strike.
~Enlarged first strike toward Sorrow.
~Magnetic field hurls 12 kunai at Sorrow.

I feel a weak magnetic field would not be able to lift one let alone 12 kunai and bullet them anywhere. Its just a wording issue, I am sure the KG is able to do this.

Sorrow: reply 3:
~Jumps on Omi's arm [auto-hit] and runs up it to evade fist strike.[how long do you think this arm is?]
~blocks 12 kunai with spin of quarterstaff
~forms one handed kata
~swings quarterstaff at Omi's face

You are doing too many actions. How long is a quarterstaff? It's as tall as a person, correct? You can't spin it with one hand cause you would hit Omi's arm...that you are standing on...and perhaps his head as surely an enlarged fist does not mean his arm is now suddenly longer[he never posted an increase in arm length]...SO you would have to use both hands to work the staff while on Omi's arm to deflect the kunai that have risen to make the attack...AND with incredible speed for the distance from his waist to his arm is short. And they were already shooting toward you when he threw the punch.

next...you say before you reach your opponent [you are already standing on his arm...I assume you mean reach his face?]...you do a one handed kata and swing the quarterstaff for his head. You have yourself way too close in side the range of a quarterstaff for the movements you are attempting. Should these event occur, I feel they would have taken longer than just one smooth move...perhaps two posts?

Omi: reply 4:
~magnetic field levitates Kunai for another wave of assualts upon Sorrow.
~metal armor protects face from damage of quarterstaff strike.
~single handed kata raiton course through armor. Raiton: Denseno Roshutsu no Jutsu.

Sorrow: reply 5:
~one handed kata was the genjutsu Kokoni Arazu no Jutsu: false surroundings technique
I'm sorry. this just seems like the magic bunshin move to me. If you are casting a genjutsu you need to call that ahead of time. It is then your opponent's duty not to metagame. And here we have a retropost situation. Omi already took the hit to the head. Now you say it never comes.
~Fuuton: Kazekiri: Wind Cutter...
I am uncertain after you mention the genjutsu what is a discernable action of Sorrow and what is part of the illusion that you are projecting for Omi to see.
~Retreats to hide
~Summons an owl and sends it away

Ok. You did not post that you sent the kunai flying into the ground with any force, this is retroposting adding detail to a prior action. So the kunai should have no delay in rising. That might occur for another reason, but you have no right to dictate how long it would take Omi's magnetic field to accomplish the manipulation of his weapons.

Again, let me reiterate. Once you mention the genjutsu I do not know what is illusion or real motion. Did you really send a wind cutter at him? Did you really then retreat? Some indication of 'seeming to strike or seeming to attack or move' needs to be in place so the reader can tell what is the illusion and what the real Sorrow is performing at this time.

So...were you really able to genjutsu off the armor before the raiton could power up at hit you? How fast does it take electricity to travel through metal?

Again, too many actions in one post.

Omi: reply 6:
~small push back from Wind Cutter
I think even a lessened version of wind cutter, as Sorrow posted, should have had a little more effect upon at least your physical position...more than being pushed back a step...uhm? Are you saying because Omi is metal now he is so heavy that you can afix your position in gale force winds? Then you should post it that way. Also it's a wind cutting technique. Where are the slashes all over you? Additionally, isn't raiton weak against fuuton? Uhm...so your raiton filled armor should be significantly lessened if not extinguished. I cannot tell if this has occured.
~your eyes remain focused on the enemy.
Do you have a doujtus? Sorrow is a black Ops Stealth Ninja. Surely he can hide in shadows undetected while fleaing your location during a genjutsu?
~Jiryoku makes Sorrow's armor and headband magnetic to send Omi's kunai and metal chain/ball toward him.
Ok...I know it should work automatically cause he has been in your magnetic field for a while now, but he did retreat and I am calling this an autohit due to the reasoning that you have placed a limitation upon his ability to move outside of your 'indeterminate' magnetic field. You never said how large an area it covered. He never said how far away he moved.

Sorrow: reply 7
~leather armor[good, but was this spur of the moment or stated to begin with as part of your standard gear? Maybe on your bio?]
~Builds a weapon by tying kunai with wire to your staff ends.
I am stunned why you would waste time with projectiles flying toward you to craft a weapon during battle. The kunai are projectiles...just throw them away! And then after ridding yourself of metal, you go and pick it all up again on the original staff...and evade the metal ball which is tracking that metal and retreat in to the shadow.
~Kage bo no jutsu...
Is this like Kage Shuriken no Jutsu - Shadow Shuriken Technique? This does not create duplicates of the Shuriken but allows one to hide in the shadow of another. At any rate, you have a jutsu that allows you to mulitply your bo into numerous staffs. You might want to call it something else; also it kind of borders on mokuton KG as well. I like the idea of this jutsu but I think it needs to be defined in a different way.
~Suiton: Kokuu no Jutsu", the Black Rain technique.
Should take longer to exectute. It has to rise from your body, accumulate a cloud and then rain down.

Again, too many offensive actions in one post.

Omi: reply 8:
~grinds Kunai, makes metal shard field, shoots this out in 360 degrees to riddle the building and everything in it with metal shards.
So why did you not catch on fire and explode? Uhm, I am pretty sure that metal being ground together will produce a spark, especially in the hand on the body of armor that is already charged with raiton. So...why did not you catch on fire due to the electricity running thourgh the armor the moment the oil fell upon you, even discounting the probable spark production of the grinding of the kunai?

Where did you metal ball and chain go?

Sorrow: reply 9:
~rationale about the magnetic field.
Omi never said how large it was in the initial post. He did say the weaponry was within the field on his second post. Then you delcare here that it is not.
~owl feathers hit Omi and ignite the oil
Auto hit. The presence of the owl in the building disturbs me, you only posted that you had sent it away not that it flew up into the rafters to wait. I imagined it had left the building.

Oh so now you call the Kage bo no jutsu staves...bunshin. Let me ask you this. Omi's kunai were sailing toward the bunshin staves because of the kunai on each end...metal being drawn to metal...why didn't your bunshins go poof when they struck Omi's kunai?
~reassembling bunshin staves to form cage....
Typically when bunshin are struck they go poof. How is that going to protect you from a collapsing building?

Omi: reply 10:
~melting point of armor
This is moot. You are effectively roasting to death in your metal armor like a turkey in an oven. Is your whole body a metallic being? Are you not like any other warrior who is clad in a shell? Doton armor...if pierced the warrior bleeds.
~lights wooden staves on fire
~walks around in crumbling building
~Fuuton: Kakkiteki-Ji

Sorrow: reply 11:
~Suiton: Haran Bansho: Stormy Blockage
Here you create water in the desert to rain down from the sky with what? Practice and Nature Transformation? What is that, Sage Mode? Hrm...and its inside the crumbling builing...and you retropost it to occur before Omi's Wind jutsu.
~Fuuton: Kazekiri:
Your weak element has allowed you to fire it between the staves...so where are the pieces of ceiling hiting your between the stave slots? And it defeats 60% of Omi's wind, your bunshin staves are on fire...and struck by wind...doused by water...and withstand the collapse of the building to leave you unharmed save for some of Omi's wind that got through to slice you up some. You say the cage survived the collapse but yet it is not present when we finally see you have survived....it either collpsed or is still there. Most likely the staves are destroyed way back when Omi's kunai connected with them before the cage was formed because you call them bunshin.

Omi: reply 12:
~armor skin protects you from the collapse.
I agree that the force of the collpse would translate force through your armor to deal damamge to your body. The 'skin' may be intact but you should have some internal bleeding due to blunt force trauma. Think shaken baby syndrome...no marks on the baby but they are now brain damaged.
~shoots nails from rubble at Sorrow.

Sorrow: reply 13:
~wondering about the rain.
You never posted that the effect was upon only yourself. You just stated it "...pour down from the sky, dousing the flames and drenching Shinjiro as well." And you are in a building of finite space.
~Suiton: Suitnenhofutsu: water orb prisons?
So now you have managed to catch each and every nail that this building contined, plus whatever they were attatched to, accurately despite their various speeds and sizes, in water prisons. And why didn't you take your forehead protector off several posts ago as soon as metal became an issue?
~Kokuangyo no Jutsu:
Pretty cool stuff. However...

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Bringer-of-Darkness_Technique

Doesn't say a thing about the 'ghosts' being able to steal life force and have an actual physical consequence to the taget. Certainly torturous, this genjutsu...

"This technique exerts an hallucinatory effect upon the eyesight, effectively blinding the opponent. No matter how skilled an opponent may be, they are forced to wait helpless in this world of darkness, as this technique allows the user to attack unseen. Although it negates sight, it does not stop the other senses. In essence, the opponent can hear, feel, and smell out the user of the technique and break its effects by landing one hit."

So...

I appreciate the time and effort both of you have placed into the contest. However at this time I do not feel that either one of you possess the necessary traits we are looking for in Suna's Shukaku.

I can not advance either one of you. But certainly do feel free to challenge the host once one is chosen.

~Moenkopi
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: