Banner
Shinobi Legends Society
April 18, 2024, 11:00:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please read the rules of this forum before registering or posting.

Home Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Chronicles of the Blood Moon Event

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Chronicles of the Blood Moon Event  (Read 956 times)
KayentaMoenkopi
Legendary Member

Charisma: 4

View Profile
« on: April 16, 2012, 04:30:07 pm »

August 24, 2010

A Chance Meeting by the Fireplace:

Desert Dweller KayentaMoenkopi, wandering the realm tonight, seeks out those to consult concerning the meaning of the full Blood Red Moon that has occurred. She had not seen one since her childhood, and if memory served her right, those had been days full of strife. She recalled bits pieces of an old nursery rhyme from her youth. "Under the light of the red moon, binary solarus's fruit is bore and chaos walks the land once more." Worry etched her brow hoping those days were not upon them once more. During her travels, word came concerning the attack upon Suna.  She stopped by the ramen shop in Ninja Central and sat by the fire to rest before continuing her joureny home. As fate would have it, Dark Shinobi entered the area by the fireplace and had asked to join her table.

Moenkopi  Turns as sees Dark and smiles, "Please, It is a bit lonely here tonight."

Hokage Daikō Darkshinobi smiled. The shinobi pulled the chair opposing Kayenta-sama out and sat, stretching. After a moment, he spoke, "I've been dabbling in SK affairs all day before the meeting; might I ask how fare Suna? I heard of some sort of prophecy..."

The features of her face turned grave. "Yes. I had gone about the realm seeking those who might shed light upon the prophecy when the attack came upon my village." She signals the waitress to bring her water thinking this will be a long talk. Her throat is parched from speaking all day as it is. She resumes her dialogue, "The Prophecy spoke of a great time of Chaos. I feel this warrior DarkKnight who came upon the Sand is only the first of many manifestation of the chaos that will come." The waitress set the water down and returned to her other duties.

The name DarkKnight rang in Darkshinobi's mind. He knew the name, as Dark had once hired him to protect Sunagakure, during the war against the sound. Now, it seemed, he was working for something else? That was another matter entirely...The shinobi sat, thinking, for some moments, before a single insect, landing on the nape of his neck, awoke him from his thoughts. He slapped the insect, looking at the palm of his hand, before blinking rapidly, having never seen such a specimen before. At any rate, Dark spoke to the Kazekage, his mind on earlier events, "Chaos...Then, perhaps, we should protect ourselves accordingly. Earlier, I released a fuuin technique around the kingdom itself, it will hopefully protect from outside invasions. We attempted to add a further fuuin technique around the village, but the caster, the Tsuchikage Arron, seemingly exploded. That he is dead, I do not believe. However..." The teenager lowered his voice to a whisper, leaning in towards Kayenta-sama, "Arron is like myself, I saw the seal. I have a horrible feeling about that..." This feeling of foreboding that was connected to Arron and whatever Bijuu he beheld, did it tie in to this upcoming "Chaos?"

Froid Chevalier Xyshuryn walks slowly towards the fireplace, he'd come from behind Kaye, pausing exactly 3 steps behind and one to the left, his duty being done.

Moenkopi smiled feeling the presence of her brother and Chevalier falling in behind her. She reached to take the glass of water in her hands as she listened and spilled a bit upon hearing of the death of Arron. For one of the desert to be so careless of life's precious fluid was testimony to the disturbance inside over the news. Setting the glass down she gripped the table and said in disbelief, "Dead? How can this be? Was some force fighting you during the sealing process?"

Xyshuryn has the feeling that all of this... is extremely beyond him.

Darkshinobi shook his head, "None that I know of. That's the confusing thing. I have no clue what could have caused him to explode."

Despite her attentiveness to Dark, she turned to Shu and quickly requested, "Brother. Please notify those in the clan halls of this occurrence and that I shall return before the night is through bearing further word."

Xyshuryn nods his head, moving out silently.

Watching Xyshuryn leave, the shinobi yawned, taking a glass of water. It had truly been a tiresome day, and Dark suspected it was worse still on Kayenta's end.

Watching her brother leave, she sipped the water and quenched her thirst until the glass was empty. All the while she was thinking but found she was too stifled by these closed environs to be very effective. Setting her glass down she inquired, "Will you walk with me Dark? I feel the need to move about to gather my bearings." Arron dead? She could not quite come to grips with that one just yet.

Smiling slightly, the teenager nodded, "I understand. It is a pleasent morning as well." He slowly stood up, placing on the table a slight tip for the waitress, he pushed his chair in, waiting for the Kazekage.

Placing a tip upon the table, she too rose and pushed her chair in before leaving the confines of the room.

~ In the streets of Ninaj Central

Walking from Ichiraku's Ramen shop, having just been in discussion about the fireplace, Moenkopi breaths in the fresh air of the streets while she gathers her thoughts.

Darkshinobi was but a step behind the Kayenta-sama; he too seemed lost in thought. The cool morning air, despite what he had said a minute ago, did little to help. The Tsuchikage was one Dark had deemed more powerful than himself, why would he explode?

Moenkopi tucked a loose strand of hair behind her left ear and looked to Dark. "So tell me then, despite the loss of Arron..." her words sounded much cooler over this than the reality of distress ongoing within her, "...was the sealing around the Kingdom a success?" She felt great concern for that idealistic realm. It must never fade.

The shinobi, continuing to walk right next to the Dweller of Deserts, seemed distracted by something. It took him a minute, but he shrugged, "The first seal did, yes, but the second seal hasn't. I wasted the most of my chakra on a combination of shadow clones and the first seal, and am scared to use it's chakra...So, the second seal remains unapplied, as my chakra's too low. I shall do it upon restoring chakra." How did he explode?

She shook her head in concern, "Were there no others to channel their chakra into you?"

Kisei Hone Ueki Shinomaru soars over the skies of the city looking down upon the many villagers.

From Dark's silence, she knew that she should not press him further until he was able to go on. Gazing up into the sky, she sighed trying to come to terms with this as well. That was when she spied Shino in the skies. She waved her hand beckoning.

Instantly he appears beside the woman that waved at him. "Good evening Ms. Moenkopi."

Turning to Shino she smiled, yet such was tinged with her grief. "I am so glad to see you Shino. I am afraid things have taken a turn for the worse. Will you walk with us while I explain?" She hoped this would give Dark time to recover his composure.

Kisei Hone Ueki Shinomaru gives a slight nod he begins to walk beside his long time friend. "Of course."

Moving up the street she begins a long tail with first, a question. "Did you see the Blood Red Moon last night Shino, feel a slight earthquake, or experience any strangeness in the night?"

Shinomaru his head shakes for a few seconds. "Sorry I did not. My life is naturally strange, I sleep floating to help build chakra control and I was inside most of the night. What happened?"

Tucking her hands into the folds of her voluminous sleeves, she continues with the tale. "The Gypsy spoke a prophecy to Tai a few weeks ago and it was reminiscent of an old nursery rhyme I recalled from my childhood...when the fruit of binary solarus is bore, chaos will walk the realm once more... last night the full moon was red. There was a minor earthquake that hit Suna. Just rattled dishes and such, nothing big. But today a warrior who once fought to protect Suna during the three day's war with Otogakure turned on us. I was away trying to seek knowledge of the signs foretold. But it was reported to me that he came into the village surrounded by a mass of flying insects that somehow have the power to absorb the life force of living things. The warriors in the village were able to cause DarkKnight, for that is his name, to retreat. Meanwhile, that earthquake kicked up a tsunami off Suna's southern coast and it went straight for the Kingdom. The warriors employed Fuuton to drive it away. And just today, Dark and Arron, perhaps others, were trying to erect a seal about the Kingdom to protect it during this time of chaos. The first seal was a success, but during the process of the second Arron, the Tsuchikage exploded." She paused in her steps and sighed rubbing the back of her neck.

Shinomaru blinks as he tries to ingest everything that was just told to him. "Holy hell...what can I do to help?"

Moenkopi looked to him with a gleam in her eyes. "Although I feel this is only the first of events we will have to face during this time of chaos, I find it fortunate that I know someone who is well versed in the use of insects."

Shinomaru smiles as he looks into the womans eyes. "Let me know anyway I can help. My bugs will be glad to help out the Kingdom."

The Kaze nods her thanks. "My son Yoshiki, before he died, he kept bees and bred them in the gardens of my cliff dwelling; I should have liked to have apprenticed him to you..." She shakes her head and continues, "The hives still exist there. I tend them and harvest the honey and wax. I am told they rose as though under some primeal urge to protect the village. I would have you speak to them to see what they were able to learn. It would at least be a good place to start in preparing for the battle that is to come. I think you are our best hope in this matter Shino. If there is anyway to reclaim DarkKnight from this taint..."

Darkshinobi had truly slipped his composure for a moment, as he remembered that, somehow, Daichi and Tai had heard his call. It made him think that, perhaps, they truly could get through this working together, for Dark surely would have died coursing his chakra into the seal. He nodded silently, "Tai was there, but she did something...and I believe she was nearly drained after that as well. Beyond that, no. None that would work right..." Dark raised his right palm and, in front of both Kay and Shinomaru-san, the insect dark had earlier swatted, a strange specimen the likes of which Dark had never seen before, came to life, breaking dizzily away from his hand. Where it had laid on Dark's hand, there was an even paler spot, as though it had sucked life from his hand. Dark cried out in surprise as the insect rose into the sky.

Hyūga 神話 Twitch sighs, feeling a bit upset he missed the conference.

Shinomaru's hand raised as well to Dark before he turned to speak to the woman once more. "Ahh I see, of course I can do that. Just lead me to the hive, Hopefully I can shed some light onto this horrible situation." After finishing his sentance he instantly vanished. Within the blink of an eye he was standing in the same place as if he had never moved. Though this time there was a small jar in his right hand with a floating bug in it. "I would love to study you my friend. Bet I can learn a ton of things." The Aburame's lips curved into a grin as he gazed down at the small insect.

Spying Twitch, she wonders if he experienced anything odd last night during the red moon. She looks to Dark and asks, noting with pleasure that Shino now has a specimine to study, "And Daichi and Tai? Are they unharmed?"

Darkshinobi smiles in relief as Shinomaru-san caught the strange insect. He rubs his palm absentmindedly, and the color slowly returned.

Twitch just finished reading the conference, and is very much pleased. He looks to Kayenta and grins maliciously before looking to Dark, "Thank you."

Shinomaru turns to the man that the insect seemed to attack. "I will need to speak to you when you are ready. I must know what you were doing before you were stung, what did you feel as it happened and what you felt as you awoke."

Blinking at the malicious grin, a bit of the trickster in her emerges and she tosses an orange at him, "You look a bit deficient in vitamins Twitch. You should mind that as it is summer cold season."

Twitch smiles a bit, snatching the orange from the air. He rubs it on his arm as to brush off any dust particles from the air, "Quite generous of you."

Turning back to her companions she says, "I need to return and check upon my village. I should like to spread the word though, Dark. Can you let those in Konoha know what is going on? I think Tommi should be warned." She  couldnot stay for she felt she had been overly long from her homeland. Smiling to Twitch on the way out, she replied, "I think we all will need our strength in the days to come. Please let your village know what you have heard here today so they may make preparations."

Darkshinobi turns to Shinomaru-san and spoke quietly, "I was merely thinking about my friends. I felt a slight numbness spreading from the back of my neck, and, upon placing my hand there, felt that..."

Twitch smiles, waving to Kayenta. He speaks to Dark, "I must be going as well, I will keep you updated on any information that will be useful."

Hokage Daikō Darkshinobi nods in thanks to Twitch-san. He will, of course, let Konoha know.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: